The Joy of Care
Our handbags are designed to last a lifetime but from the moment they are crafted, until they arrive in your arms, they need to be cared for properly. This guide will help you ensure that your most treasured pieces will continue to bring you joy for years to come.
Looking after your leather goods starts with day-to-day care. By following just a few simple rules, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear and extend the life of your accessories for years:
- Leather is a skin, and it can stretch. Avoid overfilling your handbag, purse or wallet to maintain its original silhouette.
- Take the time each week to wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush. We suggest you use Pedag products to assist you.
- Scratches can detract from a flawlessly crafted piece. Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or chunky jewellery when you are out and about.
- Wet leather requires extra care, so if rain is forecast, remember to take an umbrella
How to Clean and Maintain Your Leather Goods
Do's and Don'ts
- Do regularly clean leather with a soft brush or cloth.
- Use can use cleaning products such as Pedag
- Do regularly air out leather
- Do blot away water or moisture ASAP
- Do keep leather supple with a specialised leather conditioner every 3-6 months
- Do clean spots and stains with a mixture of soap flakes and warm water
- Do use a steam cleaner to disinfect and remove buildup from regular use
- Do test any products in a hidden spot
- Don't machine wash leather
- Don't get leather wet wherever possible
- Don't dry wet leather next to a radiator or with a hairdryer
- Don't immerse leather in water
Accidents Happen . . .
Our handbags are designed to be used. We craft our bags in top quality Italian leather to ensure their longevity, however we all know accidents can happen. Little scrapes or scratches here and there may well occur. Minor repairs can be carried out at home and here are some guides to assist.